Lucy, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer

I have A court judgement on me dateted March 9 2010, how

Customer Question

I have A court judgement on me dateted March 9 2010, how long before this judgement will not be on my credit report any longer ?
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today.

Typically, a judgment will drop off a person's credit report about 7 years after it has been paid. An unpaid judgment is good for 10 years, but it can be renewed for another 10. If the judgment remains unpaid, it'll stay on your credit for about 7 years after it expires. See Mich. Stat., Sections(###) ###-####/a> and 600.2903. If you don't intend to pay the judgment at all, then you could look into whether it's something that can be discharged in bankruptcy. A chapter 7 bankruptcy remains on a person's credit for 10 years, and a Chapter 13 for 7.

It's important that you are 100% satisfied with my courtesy and professionalism. Thank you.