Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

At Michaels Arts and Crafts store in Hollywood Fl and employee

Customer Question

at Michaels Arts and Crafts store in Hollywood Fl and employee said to me The Jews running this company are squeezing every penny worth of work out of us! Being Jewish I reminded the employee whom I had dealt with many many times that I was Jewish and his reply was "yeah, so?" I reported it to district mgr, spoke to CEO and one of their Lawyers contacted me who said the employee denied saying it and they believed him.....making me feel like a liar. They sent me a note apologizing for poor customer service and a $50 gift card like it was supposed to keep my mouth shut. My reply to them was I will stand outside their store with a sign saying "JEWS NOT WELCOME HERE" I cannot find any attorney to help bring this to public attention. Can you help me??
Expert:  LawTalk replied 7 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. I have been in practice more than 3 decades and I have handled numerous discrimination litigation cases. 1. Obviously, you don't need an attorney to stand outside the store with a sign. Lawyers get causes before the public by filing lawsuits. We are a question and answer site only and do not represent customers, nor file lawsuits on behalf of customers. Do you have a legal question?Doug
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Wish I had known that I would not have spent 47 dollars