Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My son wrote a utility charity. The charity was paying

Customer Question

My son wrote a utility for a charity. The charity was paying a print shop for print work and the enhancements to it's web site that my son wrote. When the print shop stopped paying my son he is trying to go out on his own. The print shop is threatening to sue him and the charity is not paying him for the use of his web site.
No contracts were signed between anyone. Our lawyer says my son is exposed to a lawsuit. Is that true?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. What are they threatening to sue him for?Also, was there any agreement as to the charity paying him to use the website?