Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

I have a lien overpayment with unemployment. I have

Customer Question

I have a lien for an overpayment with unemployment. I have made payments but still owe.
JA: The Employment Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: not yet
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I owe 1625.00 still I paid about 2000.00 back already. I wanted to make payments because I don't have the entire amount.
JA: Is there anything else the Employment Lawyer should be aware of?
Customer: No
JA: OK. Got it. I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully-refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Employment Lawyer about your situation and then connect you two.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us about this matter?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
I got a notice to claimant of entry of lien.
I still owe 1615.15. I have repaid 2218.00 already. Would I be able to make payments on the balance
Thank you for your reply.
Most times, yes, you can make payments, but this is up to the unemployment division. So you need to contact them and get them to agree to your payment plan. The placement of a lien is just them using the lien to secure your payment to them. However, they realize most people cannot come up with a lump sum payment, so they do work with you to take reasonable payments to get this paid off.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Ok, Thanks
Thank you for your reply.
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page , as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.