Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

My 92 year old mom is in a good rehab environment pelvic

Customer Question

My 92 year old mom is in a good rehab environment for a pelvic fracture & they want to discharge her tomorrow (I was notified on Monday) When I reviewed her chart as well as spoke to the doctor assigned to her case by the unit 2 weeks after admittance, I had to make him aware that he was incorrect to be treating her for a replacement when in fact it was a pelvic fracture. His response to me once I corrected him & he agreed that he had thought it was her hip was "Oh my, yes it is a pelvic fracture. We'll need to look at this differently from today on” And I let the nursing staff know about this since I was using the phone at their desk & they heard it all. Additionally I accompanied mom to an Orthopedic appointment last Thurs (4/14/16) An when the Doctor & I went over the x-rays he had just ordered he told me that mom had had a partial hip replacement last year for her broken hip & he was annoyed that only a partial was done and said that if she were younger he'd bring her in for a total one, but that at 92 he would not. When I asked him about the pelvic facture he too, appeared surprised but then looked at her pelvis & said (I can see some of it but the rest of it is hidden behind the ball joint of the hip replacement so I can only guess) but with complete rehab she should be able to go back to her standard of independence as it allows for weight bearing.
So as her daughter who knows her best, ***** ***** she's not strong enough to come home yet. I think she needs at least another week. What can I do? Please help me.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What do you mean by "what can I do?" Please explain a bit more. Thank you.