CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

Do I have rights to my medical records?I am having trouble

Customer Question

Do I have rights to my medical records?
I am having trouble getting my fomer PCP (Dr. Linda Attoe) to forward records from decades of history with her to a new PCP, whom I have had to choose because ) Dr. Attoe's medical group's (West Park Medical Group) recent affiliation with Mount Sinai Medical System resulted in no longer accepting my medical insurance, although they never informed me of that. I found out by accident, through United Healthcare. When I requested forwarding of records, I got one page of current lab est results. Period.
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.
Yes, you do have a right to your medical records.See this link to the NY State Department of Health for information (and resources to assist you if your physician continues to deny your request):
Expert:  Asad Rahman replied 6 months ago.
Yes you do. If your former doctor is refusing my suggestion would be to file a complaint with the state medical board.
Dear Customer,My apologies for the duplicate posting above, there have been some updates to the forum which have caused some inadvertent posts.If you have any follow up questions regarding your medical records request, please do not hesitate to post them and I will follow up promptly.Thank you for using our forum, and please do not forget to rate my service so that I can receive credit for assisting you.If you would like to direct future questions to me specifically, you can do so by starting your new question with "For William B. Esq." and a moderator will notify me.Thank you again, and again I wish you the best.Bill