CalAttorney2, Attorney
Experience:  Civil litigation attorney for individuals and businesses.

I am the original owner of my car which was then refinanced by my m

Customer Question

Hi I am the original owner of my car which was then refinanced by my mother in law to get a better interests rate I have been making the payments for the past 3 years , yesterday is filled that the car was stolen and i was the main suspect I was arrested and booked I got out with bail and I have a court date on the may 10th am I facing major jail time
Expert:  CalAttorney2 replied 6 months ago.
Dear Customer,You will want to get an attorney right away. If you cannot afford a criminal defense attorney, seek a public defender. Do not speak to law enforcement, or appear in court without a lawyer.While it appears that the charges are frivolous, and ultimately you should not have been charged, take this very seriously, and exercise your constitutional right to legal counsel.(Also, ensure that you follow the advice and counsel of your attorney, getting legal counsel does not do you any good if you ignore your attorney's advice and choose to do something such as waive your right to not give testimony against yourself and "explain" something - your attorney can advise you when waiving this right is appropriate and when it is not).
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
That's not the 40 dallor advice I was looking for
What advice are you looking for? The car belonged to your mother in law, she reported it stolen, and now you are facing felony charges.You can beat these charges (clearly the claim is based on some sort of ill will) but you need legal counsel to do this.You have a constitutional right to free legal counsel if you cannot afford an attorney. And I would strongly encourage you to take advantage of this.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I want a refund I didn't need you to tell me I need a lawyer I already know that