Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

I'm over 65 years old and my wife is 39 years old and she is

Customer Question

I'm over 65 years old and my wife is 39 years old and she is threatening me of leaving me alone at our home, if she does leave me alone is that consider abandoning me? Is there any legal case that will be charge against her?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 7 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.Your wife would need to be gone for a relatively extended period of time (not a week or a month even) and she needs to leave with the intent of not returning. At that point you would be able to allege abandonment as a cause of action if you decided to file for divorce. You could also, in most states, file for divorce on the basis of irreconcilable differences, meaning you wouldn't need to have a fault-based cause of action if you chose to pursue divorce. Does that make sense? Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. I'd be happy to do so. I'm also available by phone if that would help you. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.