John, Attorney
Experience:  Licensed and practicing attorney.
71296933

John Please read previous question. I made it through the

Customer Question

Hi John
Please read previous question. I made it through the deposition and now they are taking me to trial. If this is a civil case and I can't remember where some of the money went can this turn into a criminal case?
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
It's not what you remember, but what they can prove that happened to the money that would potentially imply criminal misconduct. In a criminal case the accused must have done the act with the intent to do the act - in this case namely you must have taken the money with the intento to wrongfully convert it to your possession. If you simply cannot recall where the money went and they cannot show you converted it to your possession with intent to do that, then there is no criminal element to the matter.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
I believe this answers your question. However, if you need clarification or have follow-up questions regarding this matter, I will be happy to continue our conversation – simply reply to this answer. If you are otherwise satisfied with my response, please leave a positive rating as itis the only way I am able to get credit for my answers. Thank you, ***** ***** wish you all the best with this matter.
Expert:  John replied 7 months ago.
Expert:  John replied 6 months ago.
Kindly remember the ONLY WAY experts receive any credit at all for spending time with customers is if you click on OK, GOOD or EXCELLENT SERVICE even though you have made a deposit or are a subscription customer. YOU MUST COMPLETE THE RATING FOR THE EXPERT TO RECEIVE ANY CREDIT, if not the site keeps your money on deposit.