Expert_James
Expert_James,
23431962

Can I have an unloaded pistol in my domestic U.S. flight checked-through

Customer Question

Can I have an unloaded pistol in my domestic U.S. flight checked-through baggage?
Expert:  Expert_James replied 11 months ago.
Yes. Firearms, ammunition, firearm parts, and realistic replicas of firearms are prohibited in carry-on baggage. You may transport these items in your checked baggage, subject to certain restrictions. All firearms and firearms parts must be declared to the aircraft operator at the tie of check-in. Firearms in checked baggage must be unloaded and properly locked in a hard-sided container. Kindly remember to give me a positive rating before leaving this site today. I do not get a salary here, so your positive rating is the only way I am rewarded for doing my job. If that does not happen, it is as if I never worked, which I am sure you agree would not be an ideal outcome. So please do not forget to give me 3 or more stars, or any smiling faces, in order to help me get credit for doing my job. Thank you!
Hi, I’m just checking in to see how things are going and to confirm that you received my answers. Do you need more help or need me to explain anything else? Please respond so that I know what to do next. Thank you.