KJL LAW, Lawyer
Experience:  Attorney at law Office of KJLLAW

I was born in mexico city but chose american citizenship

Customer Question

Hello I was born in mexico city but chose american citizenship when I was 18. I would like to apply for dual citizenship...I would like to do this in order to possibly move to Mexico city but I have 2 children and a husband. Would they need to apply as well? was told I could get a lawyer and it could happen within 3 months. What kind of lawyer would I need to reach out to please and does this sound realistic?
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to Just Answer. No attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site, the answers are for general information. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.In order to obtain citizenship for your husband and children you would have to first obtain your Mexican passport from the nearest consulate, and then you would have to file petitions on their behalf. For that process you would need a Mexican immigration attorney who is licensed in Mexico. Many attorneys are licensed in both the USA and Mexico, the best place to find such attorneys is your states local bar association. I hope this helps with your question.
Expert:  KJL LAW replied 6 months ago.
if you have any other questions, just ask. If not, please rate the answer for credit and tracking.