LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I am a practicing attorney with more than 30 years of experience in the legal field.
15277592

I had a work social security number and worked from 1968-2002

Customer Question

I had a work social security number and worked from 1968-2002 paid my tax was audited in 1983 and paid up to date. I was deported back to Canada and told I can't collect my old age pension is that true
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon,I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. I certainly empathize with your situation. Unfortunately under US federal law if you are deported or removed from the U.S. after September 1, 1954, you cannot receive retirement or disability benefits beginning with the month after the month the Department of Homeland Security notifies us of your deportation or removal. The only way to have your rights to social security retirement benefits reinstated is to seek and be granted readmission to the U.S. for permanent residence after your deportation or removal. I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,Doug
Customer: replied 9 months ago.
thanks your answer helps
Expert:  LawTalk replied 9 months ago.
Good afternoon, Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.Thanks in advance.I wish you the best,Doug