How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Law Educator, Esq. Your Own Question
Law Educator, Esq.
Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 110462
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Law Educator, Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I've had a neighbor harassing me and my family years

Customer Question

I've had a neighbor harassing me and my family for 6 years the township never took it seriously and judge finally threatened us to "grow up" town attorney now prosecutor would ever meet with us, the neighbors shine lights into my house I put up a berm between us and lived a better quality of life and now town is demanding I take it down because of the neighbor complain??zoning (mind you I'm a farm) I've had soil management and epa/dep neither have issue with it!! The towns wording on "dirt piles" is loosely worded
Questions is can I sue the town to leave us be? And or sue them for a miserable halitosis if life?? They've left us out to dry as far as neighbor goes? Afraid judge will only do something stupid to us if we push the issue
Submitted: 6 months ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
Yes, you can file an appeal of their order to take down the berm. You start by filing an appeal to zoning to get a hearing and prove to them that it does not apply to your situation. If zoning turns you down and denies your appeal, then you can proceed to court having exhausted your administrative remedies. But you have to go to the zoning board for an appeal first and then you can file in court.

Related Legal Questions