Albert Marmero
Albert Marmero,
Experience:  Partner at Long, Marmero, & Associates, LLP
93452170

I have a travel advantage network vacation contract

Customer Question

i have a travel advantage network vacation contract for 30 weeks. i don't use them and probably never will but the yearly fees are up to $500 and i am going to retire and can't afford those fees. how can i get out of this.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: you buy the contract to vacations in their network of destinations for so many weeks. My husband and i planned on vacationing, but he died suddenly so i will never use these weeks. I don't have any friend to give them to and my kids will really never use them.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Albert Marmero replied 10 months ago.
I have some experience with vacation contracts such as these, and I can tell you they are VERY DIFFICULT to get out of, as the language in the contract is generally very one-sided. My recommendation would be to draft correspondence to them and tell them you want to cancel and see what they say. I would imagine they will respond stating you cannot cancel and they will provide you with their reasons.I am sure this is not the answer you were hoping for, but I am obligated to give you an accurate response. If helpful, please provide a rating. Also feel free to ask follow-up questions or tell me more about the cancellation language contained in the contract.