Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

A check was made out to me large amount by my old insurance

Customer Question

A check was made out to me for a large amount by my old insurance company. I think it was meant for a facility I stayed at a year ago. They stopped covering me and everyone else in my union months ago. I didn't realize anything was wrong but the check was payable to me. I cashed it. Did I commit any crime?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Good morning,I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please. 1. Was the check made payable to only you? Or was it payable to you and the facility or perhaps only to the facility? Doug
Expert:  LawTalk replied 6 months ago.
Hi, I won't be able to assist you if you are not able to provide the minimal information I sought clarification on. Please get back to me with this information at your earliest convenience.Doug