Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I have lived in my apt. years along with my 22yr old

Customer Question

I have lived in my apt. For 13 years along with my 22yr old son.he has been added to my lease now that he is an adult.the landlord said he has been denied tenancy and must leave in ten days due to a criminal background.his record is for dv4 assaults on family memmbers.he is on ssi disability because of severe anxiety/panic attacks,ptsd,adhd.I am his payee as he can not live on his own.can they make him leave even though I have to make sure he takes his meds,and guide him through activities of daily living?.his only option is to be on the streets.help!
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 7 months ago.
Under the Americans with Disabilities Act your son may have rights which will prevent him from being evicted by your landlord. A local attorney who specializes in that area could be of great assistance. I'll stop here to see if that answers your question or if you already were aware of this and have other questions.