Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

In the state of louisiana are there any instances where a beer

Customer Question

In the state of louisiana are there any instances where a beer can be served unopened? Because I have read that beer vending machines are legal there
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Have you consulted a lawyer yet?
Customer: nope
JA: Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: In the state of Louisiana if beer vending machines are legal what is the process of making sure that the purchaser is of age and that they don't try to sneak the beer out
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Do you have to open the beer in general before serving it to a patron
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay so in general in the United States, I know that it varies state to state on alcohol vending machines, but are there any states with vague enough vending machine laws that could have a beer vending machine that theoretically open the beer, serve it, calling the machine an automated bartender?
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you tonight. Beer vending machines inside bars are allowed with proper licensing.The owner here is liable to verify the customer is of age.They are rarely installed because of the potential problems even though they are legal.Owners here are responsible for verifying age and requiring them to consume it on the premises if opened.And as you state there is potential for the customer giving it to other parties. Reference https://www.municode.com/library/la/ruston/codes/code_of_ordinances?nodeId=COOR_CH5ALBE
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
More as you can see they tried to legalize this in Texas arguing Louisiana already had them. http://houston.suntimes.com/hou-politics-government/7/76/88688/beer-vending-machines Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
If you can positive rate it is always much appreciated.