How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask legalgems Your Own Question
legalgems, Lawyer
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 9392
Experience:  Just Answer consultant at Self employed
Type Your Legal Question Here...
legalgems is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a dispute with Chase Bank and I would like to block

Customer Question

I have a dispute with Chase Bank and I would like to block incoming payments(they are trying to get my Social Security). Can I block the account until I resolve the matter?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Legal
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Do you have auto deposits that are going into the account? Or was an entire freeze pending resolution more of the idea?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Yes, I have a social security check deposited every month
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I can start sending the check to another bank if needed
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
There is no obligation to have the checks continue going to a particular bank. The change can be made here If there is any suspicion, one can request an accounting; but more importantly the banking industry is regulated and a complaint can be filed here:
Expert:  legalgems replied 1 year ago.
Thank you for using Just Answer.I hope the information provided was useful.Here is a link to the bar association's legal referral site: you have further questions please post here; otherwise kindly--- Rate Positively--- so the site credits me for assisting you.Thank you and take care!