Sam, Attorney at Law
Experience:  More than 20 years of experience practicing law.

My mother is in a very nice memory care large national co

Customer Question

My mother is in a very nice memory care large national co advertises on tv about all their care and this last weekend was left an entire day in her room no food no water no changing diaper next day no changing as well Because she has dementia and strokes cannot call or ask for help.
Night staff has evidence of diaper as they put time on it had 2?witnesses and it is complete neglect. My mother is in a wheel chair and cannot reach for water or know to pull her pendant that rings someoneDirector is lying as company would fire him This same attendant did same thing last week to a man on first floor They are saying my mother was at talent show and out of room which is a lie I have witnesses that work there including a supervisor
What should I do. This is rampant in homes. I am a private pay and it is 5500 a month plus diapers wipes and Meds. Not cheap located in a very nice part of Houston thanks Jeannie
Expert:  Sam replied 6 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel and I am s​orry to hear of his situation for your Mom and your family.I suggest you first need to consider reporting this so an investigation can be done. Please click onto this link and read the information as per the Texas Attorney General and then based on that decide where to make your report.I suggest you can then consider consultation with a local attorney to discuss if there is a basis for a lawsuit against the facility for their negligence.