Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law
10285032

A viol reading on smart start in texas JA: Thanks. Can you

Customer Question

A viol reading on smart start in texas
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: On probation for dui 9 mths first VIOL
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 7 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
What is your question for us regarding your violation?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Does it get reported to probation officer or courts
Thank you for your reply.
An ignition interlock violation is reported to the probation office overseeing your probation. It is then up to the probation officer to decide whether or not to file as a probation violation or to ask the court to extend your probation or if you have proof it was an erroneous reading they can let you off with a warning. But it all goes through reports to probation and parole for the probation officer handling the case to determine.