Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992

I have been served with an eviction summons and today is my

Customer Question

I have been served with an eviction summons and today is my last day to file an answer at the courthouse.
My anxiety is really kicking in.
The papers says I need to just write down the reasons why I don't think I should be kicked out. But my question is, do I need to fill out some official form as a response?
Or just print my reasons out?
Palm Beach County, FL
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. While an "official form" is not required, most people find it is helpful to use a form rather than trying to draft the Answer from scratch. There are a number of Answers and instructions on the internet. I'll give you a few links below. Using the instructions in these links and then providing your reasons should take care of the issue.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I looked at one of the forms and it said I could not use it if the eviction was for any reason other than Not Paying Rent.
The reason my landlord is using is that I wasn't approved by the HOA, which I already went through all of this with another lawyer from Just Answer who determined that I had a right to be here.
The HOA would not take my application because the landlord told them not to based on what this roommate falsely accused me of. I took over the lease from another girl.
You can just remove any language that says it doesn't apply as well as any language regarding being behind on payments, tec. and then add in the reasons that you want to add. Florida, like most states, doesn't have "official forms" that must be used. All of the links I gave you were instructions or example from what people have used in the past and you just make whatever changes you want to make.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I can't deal with this. Too much energy and my back is hurting. I have Lyme's Disease. The lease is up at the end of this month. What are my options?
Options as far as what?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am supposed to respond or I automatically can be evicted, right?
Yes, if you don't respond then they automatically win on all points. It is what is known as a default judgment.