Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.

I would like to know if there is anything I can do about

Customer Question

Hello, I would like to know if there is anything I can do about a manager/landlord harassing me
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Could you describe your situation a little further? What are they doing to harass you?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
I am a 60 yr old disabled woman, I live with my 16 yr old grand daughter only. My landlord/manager called me up friday telling me she is putting a no trespass warrant on my daughter who comes by every day to see if I'm okay and if I need anything. The landord is claiming my daughter is rude and harasses other tenants and that they keep finding drugs by her car when she is here. I told my manager this is all untrue and that I need my daughter to come over. She then told me she comes over too much and that is not allowed! She then threatened to call housing (I am on housing) and tell them my daughter is living with me. She called the police and had them come to my home. I have severe anxiety/panic attacks, agoraphobia, socialphobia and bi-polar. I had to call EMS due to severe panic attack and high blood pressure.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
OK. Thank you for the additional information.From a legal perspective, what your landlord is doing isn't technically harassment. You may disagree with her assessment of the situation, but it isn't harassment in the legal sense. That said, you would need to look at your lease and see if there are restrictions on how often a person can come visit, and if so, if your daughter is violating that. If she does, in fact, have drugs on the property or is bothering other residents, the manager does have the right to exclude her from the property.