Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters
6704987

My identity has been hacked and a person with a different SS#

Customer Question

My identity has been hacked and a person with a different SS# ***** had a judgement filed and my wages have been garnished. What can I or should I do?
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
Hi - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. The only thing you can do is file a motion to quash the garnishment, inform the court that you are a victim of identity fraud, and ask the court to stop the garnishment that is based on a judgment that was obtained because of your identity thief.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
At the least, the court could suspend or delay the garnishment until a determination is made regarding whether this is you or if it was this identity thief.
Expert:  Roger replied 7 months ago.
Please let me know if you have any additional questions. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks!