Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.
45002201

My kids are willing to help me with my wife's ongoing dementia!Al

Customer Question

My kids are willing to help me with my wife's ongoing dementia!Alzheimers issues. They want to have some medical authority to contact doctors for special services second opinions so on. I am willing to share but I want to have the ability to override or to be the "primary" medical decision maker for my wife. What's the best way to do that
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 7 months ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.The easiest way to do that is to go to each doctor that treats her had execute a HIPAA waiver form that you and your children both sign. Then, the doctor is free to discuss her condition with them, but you can revoke the form at any time, and they can no longer get information, unless it comes from you.