Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

I need to file an answer to my local, Texas court tomorrow

Customer Question

I need to file an answer to my local, Texas court tomorrow concerning debt to a credit card. And I am unsure how to fill it out properly. If I need to file a general denial, what specific please I can make, and what affirmative defenses that apply to my case. The debt is $2740.99 to capital one which charged off April 10, 2014
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I can discuss this with you, give you a reference to a good book, and answer specific questions for you but due to the website rules I can't tell you what affirmative defenses apply to your case because that requires a complete case evaluation, which we can't do on here, and constitutes "legal advice" and we're limited to providing information on legal topics. I can list most of the affirmative defenses for you. Let me know if that will be sufficient and, if so, let me know what specific questions you have. If not I can opt out and let this go back into the queue.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This won't do. I can't pay $47 for this.
I'll opt out and open it back up to other experts. Best wishes.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
How do I just delete my question? Since no one can answer me, my question is pointless.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.