Chris T., JD
Chris T., JD, Attorney
Experience:  Experienced in both state and federal court.

I am unable to work and get no benefits. I live with my parents,

Customer Question

I am unable to work and get no benefits. I live with my parents, can I pay into a social security account so that I am eligible for help when i turn 67.
Expert:  Chris T., JD replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I'll be happy to assist you.Technically speaking, there is no way to pay into social security without working. You could, however, claim that you are self employed, set up a LLC with a tax ID number, and then start paying in. This, however, might not make much financial sense. Social Security will pay you less than if you just took that money and invested it or purchased an annuity that paid a yearly or monthly dividend when you turned a certain age. While I can't address your specific financial situation, I can say that generally speaking, investing your own money will provide a higher return than giving it so Social Security.
Do you have any questions? If so, feel free to ask. If not, please remember to "Rate" my answer before you go.