LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

My aunt never received her security deposit back from her apartment

Customer Question

My aunt never received her security deposit back from her apartment in which she had to move due to her medical illness dementia) the office is and have given us a hard time . After the apartment was clean in a very descent matter good enough for anther person to move in , she was never later on any monthly rent fees. I have spoken to four different people who have moved out an had to take these pool to court just to get there security deposit back , they said that these people always give people a hard time to get there deposit back . And mind you these people didn't have a medcail problem. They never tryed to contact us an every time I call the office the women gives me a hard time a lots of excuses on why she can't an will not give the money back. Waiting to here from some one on this matter. Thank you kindly Sonya goss (POA ) for Joyce M Hodnett(###) ###-#### Call any time ( Our address is: 7114 Wessex Pl Princeton N.J. 08540). I have all her receipts / papers P.S. As well as proof on who help move her out and clean up the apartment.
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.
Good morning. Just to be clear, this happened in New Jersey? Also, was she a month to month tenant or was there a lease in place? If there was a lease did the management allow her to break the lease early when she had to move?