Roger, Attorney
Experience:  BV Rated by Martindale-Hubbell; SuperLawyer rating by Thompson-Reuters

I am a 78 yr old man driver of a car.have never had an

Customer Question

I am a 78 yr old man driver of a car.have never had an accident maybe 2 speeding tickets in over 30yrs of driving have yet to hit my 1st deer and we have alot of them,I am what you would call defensive driver.My 4kids have tried 5times in the last 8yrs to take a drivers test. The Dr after 8yrs finally said I guess lets do it,it is crazy.Another thing Ilive 120 miles from were I have to go to take the test.Another.Another thing I don't drive and talk on my cell,they do it all day long which wll cause an accident. Do I have to take that test on 4 20 20 or not. My drv lic# ** class C Harvey **
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
HI - my name is ***** ***** I'll be glad to assist. Under Kansas law, starting at age 65, a licensed driver must renew a license every four years instead of every six. Everyone must pass a vision test or provide proof of an eye exam. Also, the state’s licensing examiners have the authority to add restrictions, such as allowing only daytime driving, limiting the distance driven from home, or banning freeway driving. The examiners can flag an application for further review or require a road test if they spot a potential problem and depending on the driver's medical information.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Here's a good link that outlines the law for Kansas:
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Thus, a doctor wouldn't necessarily have the authority to order you to stop driving, but if he recommends it to the DMV, then they are likely to follow his recommendation.....or at least order more extensive testing as outlined in the link above.
Expert:  Roger replied 6 months ago.
Please let me know if you need anything further. Also, please take time to positively rate our conversation so I may receive credit for assisting. Thanks again!