Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

If you lend a credit card to a contractor with which to purchase

Customer Question

If you lend a credit card to a contractor with which to purchase materials to complete a project at one's residense, but in addition, they charge up multiple, personal, unauthorized items, how can one recoup the funds for those unauthorized purchases?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating. My goal is to provide you with a complete answer so please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. The best way to recoup funds for these unauthorized purchases, if the contractor is unwilling to return the funds, is via litigation. Often, small claims court is a more viable (easier) option for most people.