Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

As I mentioned, I contacted the FTC and they took a complaint,

Customer Question

As I mentioned, I contacted the FTC and they took a complaint, told me to file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and then I was told by the VaDPOR that they wanted a complaint. I decided to write the CEO before filing the complaints, hoping that we could resolve matters. The certified letter was received on 3/25/16 and I just heard from him this week and he yelled at me on the phone for 30 minutes. I need guidance about some of the things that he said and where to go from here.
Expert:  Sam replied 7 months ago.
HelloThis is Samuel. I am not familiar with your situation. What is it regarding that you need information?
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Were you not able to see my question? I know I outlined things in very general terms, I was hoping first to narrow things down to an attorney experienced in Real Estate and Consumer Protection law, Sam.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
OK, I think the first part of my question may not have been showing up, here it is: As I mentioned, I contacted the FTC and they took a complaint, told me to file a complaint with the Attorney General's Office and then I was told by the VaDPOR that they wanted a complaint. I decided to write the CEO before filing the complaints, hoping that we could resolve matters. The certified letter was received on 3/25/16 and I just heard from him this week and he yelled at me on the phone for 30 minutes. I need guidance about some of the things that he said and where to go from here. The company operates in Va, MD and DC, I am in Virginia.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
This site has become so confusing! It has still cut off the first part of my question. Just a moment.
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Well anyway, let me start from scratch. I was 'scammed' out of my home by a house-buying company. When I realized what had happened, I contacted the FTC, and gave them all the details. They said they knew 'exactly what happened' and told me to file a complaint with the Atty General's Office and then I also found out that the Va DPOR wanted a complaint because they were realtors but did not disclose that. I felt it would help if I wrote the CEO and gave him a chance to work things out, so I sent him a letter outlining everything that had happened (without all of the documentation that I planned to include with my complaints to the agency, but enough information and facts, itemized), via email and certified mail. He received the letter on March 25th and just contacted me this week and yelled at me for 30 minutes. So I am seeking guidance based upon the things he said and the letter that I wrote him which I can provide you if you wish. Are Real Estate Law and Consumer Protection Law areas that you have expertise in, Samuel?