Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law

A credit company sued me and after I submitted paperwork showing

Customer Question

A credit company sued me and after I submitted paperwork showing they were in the wrong, their attorney is dropping litigation. I have paid court filing fees and other expenses because their client was in error. What can I do to recover my money I paid out?
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. You can file a motion for costs with the judge here asking for filing fees here and any other costs.The court has authority to enter a judgement in your favor for these amounts.Ask for a hearing on the matter if you have too.This would be your remedy, you testify at hearing about your costs here, make a good list to attach to your motion. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.
Expert:  Ray replied 6 months ago.
Sample modify it here to costs only if you were pro se and had no legal fees.. Thanks again.