Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.
4460311

My husband and I just bought a house... I have a prior judgment

Customer Question

My husband and I just bought a house... I have a prior judgment for a credit card debt. I am worried that the creditor will attach a lien to the house. I am thinking of filing a quit claim and then a BK. Is it legal? Does it make sense?
Expert:  DrakeLAW replied 7 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer, my name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please note:This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. This question and response may be viewed by other parties as noted in JA’s terms of service. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms.What state are you in please?