Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

I am a dual citizen and ex-sex offender can I travel to my

Customer Question

I am a dual citizen and ex-sex offender
can I travel to my own country Philippines & not denied entry?
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. If you are a citizen of the Philippines, then you would not be denied entry just because of the criminal record. A citizen does not lose their right to enter the Philippines because of a criminal record (sexual in nature or not) either in USA or abroad. However, one must make sure to register with the local authorities as/if required by Filipino and USA law, depending on the duration of the trip and the rules of the jurisdiction where the offense is from. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.