Ray, Lawyer
Experience:  30 years in civil, probate, real estate, elder law
8534270

I'm wanting my iud taken out,I'm going to like a planned parenthood

Customer Question

I'm wanting my iud taken out,I'm going to like a planned parenthood type of clinic. If they are just doing a regular annual and pap then removal, do they legally test for drugs in urine sample without informing me first??
Expert:  Ray replied 7 months ago.
Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today. The answer here is no they cannot test for drugs unless you were to consent to it.This is not normally done at such a facility because of cost.It is not really medically relevant to the removal. This should not be a problem because it is unnecessary to the reason you are there, IUD removal.It would be a violation of your medical privacy without informed consent. I appreciate the chance to help you today.Thanks again.