Ely, Counselor at Law
Experience:  Private practice with focus on family, criminal, PI, consumer protection, and business consultation.

Can i get mexican citizenship through birthright if my step

Customer Question

Can i get mexican citizenship through birthright if my step father is a mexican citizen and was put on my birth certificate when i was 2.
Expert:  Ely replied 6 months ago.
Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. I am going to assume that he is listed as your biological father. If so, then yes. Children born abroad that come from a Mexican mother or father by birth are entitled to obtain a Mexican citizenship. This can be done at a Mexican consulate. So you would contact the nearest Mexican consulate to initiate the process. Someone in your situation would also need a certified copy of the birth certificate. I hope this helps and clarifies. Please use the SEND or REPLY button to keep chatting, or please RATE when finished. You may always ask follow ups at no charge after rating. Kindly rate my answer as one of TOP THREE FACES/STARS and then SUBMIT, as this is how experts get credit for our time. Rating my answer the bottom two faces/stars (or failing to submit the rating) does not give me credit and reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. I work very hard to formulate an informative and honest answer for you; please reciprocate my good faith with a positive rating.