Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details

Customer Question

***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: i have been sued for a credit card i couldn't pay, after a writ of execution, there is now an entry for "praecipe to enter rule to file complaint". What does that mean?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If they received a judgment and writ of execution, now they are seeking to file to garnish your wages or seize your bank accounts or other assets to pay the debt. So now they are filing to come after whatever assets you have to seek to collect their payment due on the judgment.
If you cannot pay and want to protect yourself now is the time to consider filing for bankruptcy in the bankruptcy court which would extinguish this and any other unsecured debt you may have.