Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

My husband is on parole in Pennsylvania and I live in Delware.

Customer Question

My husband is on parole in Pennsylvania and I live in Delware. As of November 2015 he has paid all his fines that he had. Why is it taking so long for him to be transferred to Delawars?
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello, Has he applied for a mandatory transfer under the Interstate Compact? Did parole submit his paperwork? Does he have housing, family and a job lined up in Delaware?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Hello,My husband told me his Parole officer has submitted his paperwork. He was not been given a copy of anything. My husband has held down three jobs for almost three years. I am his wife and our house is completely paid for. I will ask him about the mandatory transfer under the Interstate Compact. I thank you in advance for your help regarding this matter.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
If his PO has submitted his paperwork and approves of his life plan in Delaware, then the paperwork gets presented to Delaware. On the receiving end, once Delaware gets his application, the other state has an opportunity (45 days) to check out that his plan is valid. Unless they disapprove of his plan or don't have the staff to supervise him, they cannot deny him the transfer. I'll attach a PDF about the mandatory transfer here below. The rules for the transfer start at page 23.
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
BAsically, however, if his PO has approved him and started the paperwork, he should be close to getting to Delaware