Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

Have a 75 year old wman in Maryland who owns her own

Customer Question

Have a 75 year old wman in Maryland who owns her own home. We poa's are in process of
Getting her into a memory care home. She is to be seen by psychiatrist this Friday. Am sure she will be deemed incompetent.
In her will, the home and it's
Content go to a niece. Can we as poa's start to clean out home after she is in memory are????
Raymond ford (###) ###-####
Thanx
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 1 year ago.
Hello Raymond. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.The first thing it would be important to do is to figure out what you are power of attorney agreement document. An appointment typically gives the holder the power to, for example, to sign checks and make deposits, pay bills, contract for medical or other professional services, sell property, obtain insurance and do all the things you do in managing your daily affairs. The authority you give to your agent can be as broad (to do anything you could do) or as narrow (to sell a particular piece of real estate) as you choose to make it. Which is why I say it would be helpful to know what your power of attorney states. If it is broad, then absolutely you would have the right to start clearing out the home. If it is limited I wouldn't suggest it. Does that make sense? I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello Raymond. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you DO have all of the information you need; please also let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.