Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

I need clarification on extended summer vacation, specifically

Customer Question

I need clarification on extended summer vacation, specifically If father gives mother written notice by April 1 of a year specifying an extended period or periods of summer possession for that year. Father shall have posession of the child for 28 days to be exercised in no more than two separate periods of fourteen consecutive days each.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Do I have to take all my days in two 14 day periods or can they be spread out through the summer months
JA: OK got it. Last thing — Lawyers generally expect a deposit of about $36 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Expert:  Lucy, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Hi, What are your questions about this clause? As a lawyer, when I read it, I don't see anything ambiguous or unclear. So, in order to help you, I need to know what it is about the clause that you're looking for help with. Do you just want it rewritten in plain English? Is the mother specifically disputing some of the language? Please reply on this page rather than opening a new question.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Yes she interprets how she wants, says i have to take the kids in 2 fourteen day consecutive periods and cannot have days through the summer.
Plain English please😊
That says the extended summer possession can't be for more than 14 days at a time, and that you get them for two periods. You can choose to take less than 14 days if you needed to for some reason, but you wouldn't get those days later. She cannot put her extra weekend in the middle of your scheduled time, though. And there's nothing in that order that says your extra 14 days can't bump up against an ordinarily scheduled weekend.
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Thank you, ***** ***** what I was afraid of on the 14 days.
You're welcome.