Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
16551887

I am a diabetic with nearly 24 years on the job where retirement

Customer Question

I am a diabetic with nearly 24 years on the job where retirement is at 25 years. I have been on limited/light duty and just received a notice for a hearing regarding disability retirement. They want my A1c at 8.0 or below, but my most recent one was 8.9. I have been on less than full duty since July 15, 2015. Should I have an ADA attorney handle my case and hearing? I work for the DC police.
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 8 months ago.
Yes, you should have an ADA Attorney handle your case. You should not go this alone. You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys: Lawyers.com Justia.com Findlaw.com Kindly give a positive rating to my post so that I can receive credit for answering your question—so that part of the deposit that you already paid to the site can be transferred to me. You are not charged extra for doing this. Thank you for your cooperation.