Law Educator, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  JA Mentor -Attorney Labor/employment, corporate, sports law, admiralty/maritime and civil rights law

I had a drs office give me a bunch of medicine the pharmacy

Customer Question

I had a drs office give me a bunch of medicine the pharmacy at walmart didn't catch these interactions and it gave me the worst reaction I could've died it made me almost die these interactions. lost part of my meds in these horrible days and kept falling. My roommate saw this all, they found me out cold after four hours, they had thought I had died. We had another roommate who was stealing my meds.
I go to the hospital because of all the side affects from falling because of those massively severe interactions and without an assessment of any sort he screamed at me, I still have marks, I have rheumatoid arthritis so one fall let alone countless I was hurting. but if he would've done a urinalysis I had nothing in my system just told me to take a guess on when I had pain medicine and I said I don't know he said "guess" I said a month and proceeded to scream liar at me. He could've done any assessment he liked on me but no he screamed at me not once, but twice in front of multiple witnesses.
Expert:  Law Educator, Esq. replied 6 months ago.
Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only.
If the doctor did not check the drug interactions, this can be deemed malpractice and they would be liable for the damages. You need to get yourself another local doctor to testify that the medications prescribed should not have been prescribed together and as such you suffered this reaction and thus damages. Upon proving this, you can sue the doctor for malpractice for acting below the reasonable level of care expected of the doctor. However, the law does require you have a local doctor testify in your behalf regarding the cause of your condition.