Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney
Experience:  Active member of the NYS bar since 1989
18321761

The stranger part about this is that it seems his goal is

Customer Question

The stranger part about this is that it seems his goal is try to get both me and my wife fired from the job that we provided to him. We do not own the business but have both worked here for about 18 years between us. He seeking some form of misguided revenge and neither of us have ever done anything but help him. The car may be worth 1500 - 2000. I've signed the title over to him, but he wants me to sign some paperwork that shows it as a gift so he does not have to pay taxes. I refused, and now he is threatening to go to the general manager with this video (which we have never seen), out of pure spite it seems. any advice is greatly appreciated
Expert:  Zoey, JD replied 1 year ago.
Hello again, If you wanted to put him on notice before you seek to have him prosecuted, you might go to the police, fill out a report and get them to just give him your brother a call and warn him off. Sometimes police are willing to do something like that because it prevents an arrest down the road and makes their job easier. You could otherwise contact a local attorney to send him a cease and desist letter telling him to stop the threats and the harassment or you will seek a remedy in court. These letters have no real teeth except that they do show the recipient that you have actually consulted with counsel and may mean what you say.