Delta-Lawyer
Delta-Lawyer, Attorney
Experience:  10 years practicing IP law and general litigation
12711280

My close friend runs a small business home cleaning

Customer Question

My close friend runs a small business home cleaning service.
Two of her clients have been invoiced in the last two months, but they do not return calls and have not paid her. The amounts owed are $560 and $410. She has sent text messages and called repeatedly.
We are looking for ways to get their attention and get her paid.
What do you advice?
Expert:  Delta-Lawyer replied 7 months ago.
You have started correctly by sending text messages (something that is repeatable as evidence in court). The next step is to send a formal demand. I like to send a formal demand via certified mail with a return receipt. In the letter, state that this letter shall be considered certified letter notice of the amount that is owed (attach copies of the invoices). State that if the invoices are not paid within 10 business days of the post mark on the letter you will be forced to take them to court. You can then tell them you will seek not only what is owed, but other associated damages, including but not limited to, attorney fees and interest on the amount owed. If they do not pay, you can then use the texts as well as the letter as an example of your reasonableness and good faith. You can then take them to small claims court to be bad for what is owed. An order will be issued and you can use the order to attach liens to their property and even garnish their wages. Let me know if you have any other questions or comments. Please also rate my answer positively (three or more stars) so I can receive credit for my work Best wishes going forward!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
two followup questions please.
1) Is there format/template for crafting this letter?
2) I prefer to have my question/answer remain private. How do I do this on your site?
(1) There is no particular form, though I would set it up like this:First Paragraph - Intro and BackgroundSecond Paragraph - Demand of When to be paidThird Paragraph - Consequence It does not have to be fancy - it just needs to convey the point. Attach the invoices as exhibits. (2) You will have to speak with the admins as to removing the topic from public view. I am sorry I cannot help there. Please also rate my answer positively. Thanks!
Customer: replied 7 months ago.
Okay, thanks for your help.
I appreciate it. Let me know if you guys need anything else. Please don't forget to rate me positively. Thanks!
Just checking on you to see if you had any other questions or comments. Thanks