Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC
92304199

When is a response due to a contempt charge from an ex husbsnd?

Customer Question

When is a response due to a contempt charge from an ex husbsnd? Before or after a sceduling conference
JA: The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: What ingo Info
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 8 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating. It really doesn't have much of a relationship to the scheduling conference. A motion should tell you exactly when a response is due. If you would like to attach a copy of what you received I would be happy to take a look at it for you.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
And can an attorney show up for the scheduling conference instead if me?
Is this a family court action?
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
Yes
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I can not find a date for a response on the oapers I recieved. Just a datefor financial papers and the date of the scheduling conference.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I would rather not appear for the scheduling conference can an attorney appear fir me?
Unfortunately in family court actions you would need to be present. I apologize, I wish I could give you more "positive information." I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra and it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
But when is the response due? The response being an answer to his contepmt charge? Is it due before the scheduling conference?
They are separate things entirely and I don't know when you are scheduling conference is. I also don't know when you received the contempt motion. I have no way of telling you either when you're scheduling conference is, when your contempt motion is due, or whether one is due before the other without you providing additional information. I really want to try to help you but I cannot do so without additional information.
Customer: replied 8 months ago.
I said the schefuling conference is April 20th the motion was served to ne by the sheriff on March 18th
In that case, yes you will need to respond to the motion before the scheduling conference. If you give me a copy of the motion I should be able to tell you when you need to respond by – but since the April hearing is more than 30 days after service of the motion I am confident in telling you that you will need to respond to it *before* the conference.