Tina, Lawyer
Experience:  JD, BBA Over 25 years legal and business experience.

Can I go back to Canada even though I have my duel ci& am collecting

Customer Question

can I go back to Canada even though I have my duel ci& am collecting disability to help my sister with 106 year old aunt? I am younger than my sister & can't do much except keep her from having a neverous break down. Or will I loose my ssd & ssi when the time comes & I turn62 plus my spousal bennifits?
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 6 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. Do you draw SSI or SSD? SSI is needs based and there is no requirement that you have worked, with SSD it doesn't matter how much money or hoe many assets you have but you are required to have worked a certain amount of time.
I am going to be offline for a little while but will return later on this evening.