Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

My Microsoft account was hacked, my gmail account

Customer Question

My Microsoft account was hacked, my gmail account was hacked and my credit card number was stolen on 4/7/16. I am still going back and forth with Microsoft to recover my account. Meanwhile this person has been using my account and sending me harrasing emails. NO ONE at Microsoft is helping me. Can I sue them?
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hi Nicole. You *can* sue them - although I suspect it would be an exercise in frustration. And, expensive. Your best bet is to continue trying to reach someone within customer service to help you and also contact your credit card company to close your account. You may need an email address too, but before you get to that I'd suggest making sure you exhaust all of your options with this account and with Microsoft. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.