Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney
Experience:  Partner at Kent Law Group, LLC

An attorney is threatening to ruin my credit if I don't finish

Customer Question

An attorney is threatening to ruin my credit if I don't finish paying his bill by May 1st I have told him that I would pay it on May 6th he does not agree to the payment date
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Please give me a bit more information, so we can help you best.
Customer: I am paying part of the lawyer fee the loan company and an FBI agent hire him I have paid back the loan and the fee
JA: Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: Now they want me to pay part of the lawyer fee
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Olivia Kent replied 6 months ago.
Hello. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. I’ll be happy to help you in any way I can. This site is for educational purposes only. Sometimes - although certainly not always - experts have to give you what you deem “bad news” but that should not be a reflection of how satisfied you are with the assistance your expert provided. Experts on this site receive credit for assisting you when you click the rating (the stars) so please submit a rating prior to logging off. You aren't charged anything extra by submitting a rating.I honestly think that this attorney is just blowing smoke. If someone is willing to pay a bill on May 6th and I want it payed on May 1st, I'm not going to go and sue them over 5 days. Now, if you don't pay your bill I wouldn't be surprised if the attorney ultimately puts on a lien on your property - but I *highly* doubt it would happen over a couple of days. I hope this helps. Please let me know if you have any other questions or you need me to clarify anything. Please also submit a rating if you're satisfied with your assistance; this will not cost you anything extra but it's the only way we get credit for assisting you. And please don't feel like we have to stop talking after you submit a rating. I'd be more than happy to continue working with you after that as well.
Hello. I wanted to check in with you to make sure you had all of the information you wanted to obtain when you posted your question. Please let me know if you have any questions or need additional clarification about anything.