Irwin Law
Irwin Law, Attorney
Experience:  Lawyer & Real Estate Broker, 30+ years, foreclosure, land contracts, inheritance, probate.

My mom is involved with some kind of scam artists. She

Customer Question

Hi. My mom is involved with some kind of scam artists. She won't listen to us kids and we are worried about her losing what little she may have left of investments. What can we do when she wont listen? She is 84.
JA: OK. The Lawyer will need to help you with this. Anything else I can tell the Lawyer before I connect you two?
Customer: She was targeted by a, you have one a prize...... Type of scams
JA: I'm sending you to a secure page on JustAnswer so you can place the $5 fully refundable deposit now. While you're filling out that form, I'll tell the Lawyer about your situation and connect you two.
Expert:  Irwin Law replied 6 months ago.
Hello. I will try to assist with your question, but can you provide us with more information about exactly what is going on. Thanks. I'll stand by
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She answered a you have won an award scams and we think she is still goving these svammers money. We dont know exactly what is going on, she womt tell us. We want to stop her from giving any more money. What should we do.
It is almost impossible to stop someone like your mother from being swindled like that. Try to get as much information as you can about the particular angle that is being used. You can go online for a great deal of information from and other places to show to her. Try to get her to see the reality, i.e. she is sending them money, and they send her back nothing but excuses and requests for more money. The scammers are all offshore and you cannot get to them directly. Sometimes the local police departments and even the FBI will have files on the type of scam that is being used. A person your mother's age might be more inclined to listen to a local police officer then to you. If none of that works, then you will have to take the a drastic step of seeking appointment of a court appointed conservator or guardian for her assets. I hope that this is helpful and that you will enter a positive rating for my assistance.