LegalKnowledge, Attorney
Experience:  9+ years handling Legal, Real Estate, Criminal Law, Family Law, Traffic matters.

If you an your landlord agree on paper payments go to p.o mailing

Customer Question

If you an your landlord agree on paper payments go to p.o mailing adress and now she said she moving out the area that she closing down p.o box...that i need to figure out how am going to pay...we started out with me paying her through direct deposit payments every two weeks...she complanded that bank dont take parcel payments after six months of this happening...we went to payments being mailed to p.o. time i went to bank and had check made out onthe 1st mailed it out and she received it on the 6th..she charged me 100.00 in late now were to her picking up the check..that's when now May she want me to figure this out....Ok what i want to know is can she change p.o. box after i signed lease..because thats the option i want to use now and she breaking the lease agreement
Expert:  LegalKnowledge replied 6 months ago.
So how does she want you to send payment? She will not accept a transfer online or provide you with her home address?
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
She offered m3 pay pal is a fee...i offered her to open an account at my bank so i can do same day transfer she told me she have a account at credit union which is in a nother city from me...thing is i made all these provisions for her to pay her now am filling inconvienced because she again is making changes on the picking up...she been picking up every month since nov.2014...since she wasnt happy with all other ways to pay...i have never been late other than the payment she said came one day in mail late to her.....the works for me because its free for one..second i can deliver it to which is around the corner instead of putting it in public mail box on the street
Thank you. The landlord needs to provide you with a reasonable way to pay your rent. To demand you use PayPal or another service which causes an inconvenience or imposes a fee which you would have to incur would be unreasonable. There should be no reason she can not and does not provide you with a valid mailing address so you can mail the rent to her. I understand you may not want to have to walk to the mailbox on the street but it would not be unreasonable to ask that the rent be mailed
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Ok...i want you to have all informatin i pay her on the third of evey month because i have to wait for social security check she knows this that wht we dont do in mail box because payment wouldnt get to her on time it would come after the 5 th from mailing out...remember she charged me 100.00 late fee it doesnt matter the check which is bank receipt shes going to charge me thats why i said i would go to the post office she have her p.o. box at the deliver..if not the other offer was to go to her credit union which is in another city from me....alsl i went to my bank ask how i can do sure pay thats 30.00 to do each thing is i signed a lease to deliver in that
If the lease is still in effect it will control. If she no longer has that PO box which was specifically mentioned in the lease she needs to provide you with other similar accommodations
Customer: replied 6 months ago.
Iam waiting for her to answer my text...did she close it down yet..she didnt respond yet