Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney
Experience:  Began practicing law in 1992
11068102

My son is in a Nevada Hospital do to a motorcycle accident.

Customer Question

My son is in a Nevada Hospital do to a motorcycle accident. He has been there of 2 weeks. His wife has become unable to work with. Do I as his father have the right to see my son without her in the room.
Expert:  Dwayne B. replied 7 months ago.
Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today. If at any point any of my answers aren’t clear please don’t hesitate to ask for clarification. Also, I can only answer the questions you specifically ask and based on the facts that you give so please be sure that you ask the questions you want to ask and provide all necessary facts. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. By continuing, you confirm that you understand and agree to these terms. There is no law that says either you can exclude her from the room or she can exclude you from the room. If you want to force her to leave so you can have some visitation time alone then you would need to get a court order. Based on your facts the most appropriate type of action to file would be for a guardianship over him which will then allow you to determine who sees him and when as well as to handle his finances, etc.